Saturday, July 2, 2016

Kailash Kitchen - ordered through Genie app

It was on a lazy afternoon few weeks back that I got a reminder about Kailash kitchen. I've heard about the place and their superb momos plenty of times on the food groups before so was planning to try the food there sometime. But the place isn't close by and a bit difficult to find so I was putting it off. Also, the demand for their momos is so enthusiastic that there was also a chance I would return empty handed if I don't go early enough. I've heard they run out of momos around 1 pm itself and close early many times at night.

So, when I heard of the Genie app offering delivery from there, I had to try it. They charged 100 bucks for delivery so for smaller order it may not be that viable but after trying Kailash kitchen I feel it's definitely worth it for its great value for money. Ordering itself was smooth there is a chat window available in the Genie app and you can chat with them while ordering which is pretty cool. So any issues can be addressed right there.

The order came after more than an hour. And the delivery guy thought the payment was made online and didn't ask for payment. Had to remind him about that!

Everything was packed normally. Food was still quite hot and I opened it up ASAP.

My order was:

1 Fried chicken momo        -  rs 90
1 Beef chowmein               -  rs 90


                                                                                                                                        Since it was my first order from this place, just wanted to stick to the safe choice of chicken momo and not beef. But I chose the beef chowmein. Wanted to know if the beef would be good enough.


Opening the package up revealed the usual packaging.


                                                                          The dip which I thought initially was insufficient was more than enough to last the 8 momos (great quantity). It almost had the thickness and consistency of a pickle, very thick and hot! Although it was super spicy and tasty by itself, I'm not sure if this is the best dip for this subtly flavored momo. However, I was tasting bits of this dip hours after the momo's got over. 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                    The Momos themselves were plump and there was a generous amount of filling inside. Very moist, finely minced and lightly flavored chicken filling. I think there was egg in there too. Two plates of these momos can fill up a good eater for sure. 





Chicken momo

Beef chowmein was good not as impressive as the momos though. The beef was thankfully cooked through, and had enough pieces. Noodles were tossed in sesame seed oil and tasted different from the usual run-of-the-mill kind we get bcoz of this. I feel this dish should be eaten hot at the restaurant since it got a bit tedious to eat it after a while even though I reheated it. 



Beef chowmein 


Total cost = 180 for the food + 100 for delivery = rs 280


Kailash Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Great Services. Check Towny to get more offers on food. Limited period offers!

    ReplyDelete